This satisfying, and flavorful Clubhouse Tuna Sandwich that you can put together in a little time. Stop the stress of stopping by the coffee shop on busy weekday mornings! You can even slash the calorie a little further by going for whole-grain bread and by using reduced-fat mayonnaise.
- 2 cans or pouches (5 oz) Solid White Albacore in Water, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry minced onion
- 4 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 12 slices potato bread, toasted
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices red onion
For the Lemon pepper Aioli:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- For the Aioli: Combine egg yolks, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic and salt in a food processor. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream through the feed tube until all the oil is absorbed and the mixture has the consistency of mayonnaise. Add pepper and mix for 10 seconds. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, onion and relish. Toast bread.
- Build 4 triple-decker sandwiches, each in the following layer sequence from bottom: toasted bread slice, aioli, tuna mixture, another toast, aioli, cooked bacon, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and toasted bread slice to close sandwich. Slice diagonally.
Always manage your time wisely! Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50!