Jerky is lean trimmed meat that has been cut into strips and dried. It needs little patience and perseverance in order to achieve this awesome dish! Cold cuts that you can enjoy while drinking wine! Very delicious, flavorful and mouth-watering dried meat in every bite!
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak
- 2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Thinly slice the roast. Trim the flank steak of any excess fat. Pound slices with a meat tenderizer mallet until pieces are uniform thickness. Place it in a zip-top bag, and place it in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours in order to firm up.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over beef. Lift layers with a fork to ensure that all beef is covered. Cover & marinate for 12-36 hours. Turn strips over several times to ensure a thorough coating.
- Spread the meat in a single layer on the dehydrator trays. Dry at 165F/74C for 6-10 hours, occasionally blotting off any fat droplets that appear on the surface. Test using a cooled piece. Properly dried jerky, when bent, should crack but not break.
- Once dry, store in a cool dry place, in an airtight container for 2 to 3 months.
Did you like it? At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating! Just visit our website @ www.avacraft.com for more recipes!