There’s nothing easier and more delicious than sesame-crusted ahi tuna that has been lightly seared and served rare with some tangy soy dipping sauce. Body-conscious lately? Eat more lightly and healthy!
- 1⁄4 cup black sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup white sesame seeds
- 4 ahi tuna steaks, each 6 oz. and 1 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. grapeseed or canola oil
- Season tuna steaks with salt and pepper, and coat the steaks with sesame seeds on both sides, pressing them down to stick to the fish.
- Heat medium stainless steel or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to the heated skillet.
- When the oil is shimmering hot, add tuna steaks and sear for 1-1.5 minutes. Flip and sear for another 1-1.5 minutes.
- At the last 30-seconds of cooking, add about half of the dressing into the skillet with tuna steaks. Cook for a few seconds, flip and sear for another couple of seconds.
- Once done, transfer the seared tuna to a clean plate and let it cool down for 3 minutes.
Try something new every time. Check out trending Avacraft cookware!