Boohoo!! Perfectly spooky and delicious vegan cupcakes that will not ruin your diet. It is so easy and cheap to make, and you can eat as much as you like! Perfect for grown-up Halloween balls or if you want a healthy treat for the kids.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of organic cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup vegan butter softened
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 splash non-dairy milk
- Food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) and line a standard muffin holder with 12 paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour non-dairy milk and vinegar or lemon juice. Let it sit for a few minutes to curdle/activate.
- Add oil and vanilla and whisk or use a hand mixer to beat to combine. Once combined, add the sugar and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually and mix well until no large lumps remain. The texture should be somewhere between thick and thin, not liquidy.
- Fill the cupcake papers just under 2/3 the way up and bake on the center rack for 20 – 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and give it some time to fully cool.
- Once cooled, frost cupcakes and top with sprinkles. Store leftovers covered at room temperature or refrigerated up to 3 days.
- Whip the butter for about 5 minutes using a paddle attachment on the stand mixer.
- Sift the confectioners’ sugar and beat it in slowly. Add the vanilla and beat everything until you have an even, fluffy consistency.
- Separate the buttercream into 4 batches and prepare those piping bags starting off by coloring 3 of those batches using the food colorings of your choice.
There’s no trick to this treat! Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50!