Tteotbokki or Spicy rice cakes is one of the popular street foods in Korea. What was once sold in the markets is now gaining popularity in its nearby countries and the rest of the world! It’s super yummy, umami-rich and highly addictive that even if your tummy is full, you will still make some space for these spicy rice cakes.
- 500g Ready to cook Tteokbokki
- 3 boiled eggs
- 10 Vienna sausages
- 4 fish cakes, cut diagonally
- 2 onion leeks (cut in half, or smaller)
- 2 tbsp red pepper powder
- 2 tbsp red pepper paste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp garlic
- Boil 3 cups of water
- Once boiling, add the ingredients for the sauce. Mix and let it simmer for 2 – 3 minutes
- Add onions, leeks, rice cake, boiled eggs, fish cake, Vienna sausage and mix well. Let it simmer until the rice and fish cake are cooked, approximately 10 minutes
- Served with a soft-boiled egg on top and fried spinach.
It’s time for this one! If you have any suggestions for us at Avacraft cookware, please write to us at email@example.com!