This Tortilla De Patatas is appetizing! An easy recipe that you can make on your own with simple ingredients.
It’s an egg and potato dish that’s cooked in a skillet and served as a tapa, a main dish with a baguette and green salad, or even enjoyed as a snack. Deliciously homemade that can be enjoyed with family.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1½ cups (360ml) Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1tsp black pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes cut them in half lengthwise, then cut in half again while the flat side on the cutting surface. Slices potatoes into thin slices.
- Add olive oil to an Avacraft Stainless Steel Frying Pan 8” Inch, heat over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add sliced potatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes, then add sliced onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Do not overcook.
- Drain the potatoes and reserve the oil. Let cool slightly. In a large bowl beat the eggs with salt. Add potato and onion and toss to coat. Let the mixture sit for about 20 minutes.
- In the same pan where you fried the potatoes, pour back 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil and heat. Pour potato mixture into the pan, cook on medium heat for 6-8 minutes. When the bottom is cooked, flip the tortilla, using a big plate, and slide it back to the pan.
- Then use the spatula again to press the sides of the omelette in and under, to keep that rounded edge.
- Cook on high heat for 1 minute, and low heat for 2-3 more minutes or until done. It’s done when it feels set in the center and a knife or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Cut into wedges.
Delicioso! Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50.