Tuna sandwiches and Mac n’ Cheese are the best partners in history. They complement each other in every bite and will leave you wondering why this dish tastes strangely perfect.
- 2 wheat bread
- 2 can Tuna flakes
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ½ unsalted butter
- 1 white onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Mac n’ Cheese
- 1 lb. dried elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 4 cups grated medium sharp cheddar cheese – divided (measured after grating)
- 2 cups grated Gruyere cheese – divided (measured after grating)
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Paprika
Creamy Mac n Cheese
- Fill a large saucepan with water, and bring to a boil. Stir in the macaroni; cook until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, and mustard powder and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in milk and whisk until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for 3-5 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. Turn off the heat and whisk in cheese until melted.
- Pour the cooked pasta into the cheese sauce and stir well to combine. Serve hot.
- First toast the wheat bread, once done transfer in a clean plate and set aside while making tuna spread. For tuna spread, in a bowl mix the tuna flakes and mayonnaise until well combined.
- To arrange your tuna sandwich, spread tuna mixture on 2 bread slices then add some onions and tomatoes.
These two are best friends and they compliment each other very well. This will surely leave a smile on your face. Let us know what you think in the comments below!