Kimchi Pizza originated in Korea and it was inspired by Kimchi which was very popular in Korea as an appetizer. This dish has a lot of benefits to your health and you should add this to your diet because it is very light due to its thin crust.
- 12 ” (30 cm) thin pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced kimchi
- 2 teaspoons gochujang
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 can (4 oz/113 g) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup thin sliced kimchi
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
To prepare the sauce:
- Preheat the pan into medium heat and add the sesame oil. Once the sesame oil is preheated add the kimchi, gochujang, and garlic. Cook and stir occasionally, until the gochujang is lightly toasted, 2 minutes or so.
- Add the tomato sauce and sugar. Stir and cook until bringing to a simmer. Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer to thicken slightly 3 minutes.
- Once done, transfer the sauce to a bowl to cool slightly before using.
Assemble and bake:
- Preheat the oven to 550 F (290 C).
- Place the pizza crust on a large baking sheet. Spread 3 tablespoons of pizza sauce in a thin even layer on the pizza crust. Spread the kimchi evenly over it, and cover it with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Place the baking sheet in the fully heated oven. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the crust turns golden brown and the cheese is fully melted. Once done slice the pizza and serve it with cold soda and enjoy!
Always enjoy your day with some pizza! Will you try this? Let us know below!