A must-try delicious and healthy pizza! Simple vegan pizza recipe that is thin and perfectly crispy, delicious with any toppings and better than restaurant quality! Perfect for movie nights, date nights and weeknights with your friends and family.
- 1 garlic-herb pizza crust
- 1 cup tomatoes sliced
- ⅓ cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup button mushrooms chopped
- ½ tsp dried or fresh basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- ½ tsp each dried or fresh basil, oregano, garlic powder, granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt to taste
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
- Red pepper flake + dried oregano
- Prepare sauce by adding tomato sauce to a mixing bowl and herbs and salt to taste. Adjust seasonings as needed. Note: If using tomato paste, add water to thin until desired consistency is reached. Once done, set aside and let it cool.
- Bring a large skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion then season with salt, herbs and stir. Cook until soft and slightly charred – 5-7 minutes, adding the mushrooms in the last few minutes. Set aside.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the thin crust pizza base and top with sliced tomatoes, tofu, and vegan mozzarella cheese. Drizzle over olive oil, red pepper flakes, dried oregano, and salt + pepper.
- Use the baking sheet to gently slide the pizza with the parchment underneath directly onto the oven rack. The parchment will help prevent it from falling through. Bake for about 17-20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
Can you resist this one? Let me know your thoughts! Comment down below!