Mexican pulled pork that’s juicy and flavorful and it’s perfect for tacos! So tender and juicy on the inside, deliciously crisp and golden on the edges! The best for any occasion!
- 3 ½ – 4-pound boneless pork butt/shoulder, cut into six equal pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 large orange, juiced (save the spent halves)
- 10 small corn tortillas, warmed, for serving
- 1 large onion, chopped, plus finely chopped onion for garnish
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Salsa for garnish
- In a slow cooker, add cut pork, salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, garlic, onion, bay leaves, and lime juice. Juice the orange and add it to the cooker as well. Mix together until the meat is well-coated.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the meat pulls apart easily.
- Remove the pork and transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Shred the pork and spread it across the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Pour about 1 cup of the liquid remaining in the slow cooker over the shredded pork. Broil for 5-10 minutes until the meat browns and crisps along the edges.
- To prepare the taco, spoon a few tablespoons of carnitas onto each tortilla. Top each taco with cilantro, finely chopped onion, and salsa.
Taco banquet! If you have any suggestions for us at Avacraft cookware, please write to us at email@example.com!