Sweet and sour fish originated from China and tastes best when eaten with rice. The sauce is outstanding due to the perfect combination of sugar and vinegar. It’s a very light recipe and super easy to make!
- 1 whole Barramundi Fish
- 1 tbsp garlic
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup bell pepper red and green
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 1 thumbs ginger cut into strips
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 small carrot cut into strips
- Heat 2 inches of cooking oil to 375° F. To check if the oil is hot enough is to sprinkle a small amount of salt if it sizzles so it’s ready, put the fish in the pan.
- When the immersed side of the fish is brown and crispy, flip the fish to let the other side cook. Once the fish is fully cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a clean pan, saute the garlic, onion, carrots, ginger, and bell pepper (red and green). Add 2 cups of water and simmer for 5 mins
- Put-in the tomato paste, sugar, and vinegar then mix thoroughly. Add-in the cornstarch to thicken the sauce (make sure to dilute the cornstarch in 1/2 cup water before adding it in)
- Pour the sauce on top of the fried fish.
Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
This sweet and sour fish may seem unique, but it tastes amazing! Will you try this recipe? Share your thoughts and comment down below!