This Filipino squid recipe tastes best if you use fresh, smaller squid. Squid is simmered with onion, garlic, tomato, vinegar, and soy sauce for a tasty meal.
- 2 lbs. medium-sized squid cleaned and ink separated
- 1 piece large onion diced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat a cooking pot then pour-in soy sauce, vinegar, and water then bring to a boil.
- Add the squid and wait for the liquid to re-boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat then separate the squid from the liquid. Set aside.
- Pour-in cooking oil on a separate wok.
- When the oil is hot enough, sauté the garlic, onions, and tomatoes.
- Put-in the squid then cook for a few seconds.
- Pour-in the soy sauce-vinegar-water mixture that was used to cook the squid a while back. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the ink, salt, ground black pepper, and sugar then stir. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl then serve.
Try this one and you won’t regret it! Suggestions? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org