Spring roll originated in China and it is a very seasonal, traditional dish. This meal can be customized with veggie, beef, or chicken stuffing. The possibilities are endless!
- 2 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 50 pieces lumpia wrapper
- 3/4 cup carrots. minced
- 1 white onion, minced
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooking oil
- In a bowl, combine ground pork, white onions, parsley, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil, salt, and pepper until well distributed.
- Separate wrappers into individual sheets and lay on a flat working surface.
- Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon of meat mixture on the lower end of the wrapper, closest to you.
- Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling and continue to roll tightly into a thin log about ¾ inch thick. Wet the remaining edge of the wrapper with a dab of an egg to completely seal. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Preheat a pan with 2-inch deep oil. Once the oil is ready, add spring roll in batches and cook, turning on sides as needed, for about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp and meat is cooked through.
- Using a stainless steel strainer or tongs, remove from the oil and drain on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Set over a baking sheet. Serve with sweet and sour sauce, ketchup, or mustard with salsa sauce.
A very addictive bite-size dish that you can’t stop eating. If you are making a spring roll tonight, what do you prefer? Vegan or Meaty? Let us know your thoughts. Comment down below!