Simple Roast Chicken flavored with garlic, butter and herbs, then oven roasted to a golden, crispy, and juicy perfection! EASY, simple to make and flavorful, is the BEST roast chicken, and it’s perfect for weekend or weeknight dinners.
- 1 2 to 3 lbs. whole chicken
- 4 thumbs ginger (crushed)
- 5 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium red onion (sliced)
- 5 pieces of dried bay leaves (crumbled)
- 2 pcs lemongrass tied
- In a large bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients. Mix well. Place the chicken inside a large resealable bag.
- Pour the marinade in the bag with the chicken. Put the onion and lemongrass inside the cavity. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and then stuff with fresh lemongrass and green onion.
- Prepare to roast the chicken on the grill by skewering the entire fowl on a spit and secure both sides with a grill fork. Spit-roast for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until the chicken is done.
- Transfer to a serving plate or in a wooden chopping board.
Don’t ignore this one! Check out trending Avacraft cookware!