Skip the trip to the restaurant and make this popular dish in the comfort of your own kitchen and with your own version! it’s perfectly sweet and savory, slightly spicy, and loaded with lots of delicious aromatics!
- 250g rump steak
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 10g ginger
- 1 Ssring onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50ml light soy sauce
- 50ml water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- Finely chop garlic, ginger, and spring onion. Cut the steak into thin slices, and then coat both sides with cornflour, place aside for later.
- Combine the water, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a bowl. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan, add ginger and garlic, fry for few seconds. Add the sauce mix from 3 into the saucepan, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer till thicken.
- Heat half a liter of oil in the wok, place the steak into the hot oil, fry for 5 minutes on each side till light brown and lightly crispy. Remove the steak from the oil and drain.
- Add chili flakes into the sauce and turn heat to medium. Place the steak into the sauce, cook for a minute on each side to ensure the steak has even coverage with the sauce.
- Remove steak onto a dish, sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onion, serve with rice.
Don’t miss this one! At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating! Comment down below!