Chicken lollipops originated in India. It’s popular in Asian countries due to the unique lollipop design. It is very delicious and not messy to eat at all. The perfect snack for any occasion!
- 6 chicken wings
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Cornflour
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2-3 cups vegetable oil
- Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, tomato ketchup, red chili powder, garlic paste, salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Then prepare to cut the chicken and form it like a lollipop. Prepare a small knife and kitchen cloth make sure it’s clean. Separate drumette and flat then pop the joint between drumette and flat. Cut between the bones to separate the two parts. First is the flat, use force to push out the bones you must see two bones after that. Then remove the smaller bone and the tip cause we only need it earlier so that we grip the wing. Gather the meat one to one side and turn it inside-out this action is like removing a sock. Let’s go to the drumette! We need to expose the bone at the flat-end that is the joint that was attached to the flat. Cut the skin and muscle around the joint then clean the joint. Scrape until you have space to hold then turn and scrape away from you to free the meat from the bone. Turn meat inside-out to form the lollipop. Always use the kitchen cloth on pulling the meat to make a lollipop form.
- Toss the chicken lollipop into the mixture and marinate it for about an hour or two. In the same bowl, add cornflour, all-purpose flour, rice flour, egg, and ginger paste and mix well to create a thick batter and coat the lollipops in it.
- Heat about two inches oil in a large pan to 350F/ 176C. Add the battered lollipops one by one to the oil in such a way that the meat is at the bottom and the bone is on top (watch the video to see how I do it). Fry these on medium-high heat till golden brown – approximately 3-4 minutes. Then sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of it.
- Take these out on a tissue paper to blot out any excess oil and serve hot with garlic sauce.
Perseverance is needed when preparing this type of dish. Would you dare to test your patience? Let us know your answer below.