Hola!! Are you looking for a not so ordinary Sunday lunch recipe? Or maybe a dish to bring to the in-laws? This paella dish will surely wow your guests! Paella is the icon of the Spanish cuisine. That warm orangey-gold glow of the rice, the strips of verdant vegetables and juicy prawns—this is what deliciousness looks like. Perfect for any type of occasions!
- 1-1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 2cup chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp oil
- 11 shrimp peeled and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact
- 11 mussels
- 5 Aundulee sausage
- 5 chorizo sausage optional
- Pinch saffron
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup green peas
- parsley flakes
- 1/2 14 oz can drained chopped tomatoes or 3 Roma tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large paella pan or an Avacraft Everyday Pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; saute 2 minutes on each side. Add sausage and chorizo saute 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, and saute 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion and bell pepper; saute 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, paprika, and 3 garlic cloves; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in peas and bring to a low boil; cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mussels to the pan, nestling them into the rice mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until shells open; discard any unopened shells
- Arrange shrimp, heads down, in rice mixture, and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp are done. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup lemon juice. Remove from heat; cover with a towel, and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Very tasty!! At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating. Comment down below!