Missin’ your mama’s cooking? Make this recipe tonight! Pulled Pork bun is a sandwich with a tender juicy meat partnered with a tangy barbeque sauce. These sandwiches are easy to make with a little time perfect for feeding a crowd, especially for tailgates, watching a football game, or a backyard BBQ!
- 500g pork shoulder
- 2 tbsp ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-star anise
- 2 tsp chilli bean sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 300 ml chicken stock
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together then preheat the oven to 140°C.
- Place the pork shoulder in a baking tray and pour over the sauce, ginger, garlic, fennel seeds, cinnamon stick and star anise. Make sure the meat is fully covered by the sauce and spices before covering the tray with foil.
- Cook the meat in the oven for 3 hours or so, until fully cooked and incredibly tender. Once the meat is cooked, let it rest for 10-15 minutes before shredding it with the tines of two forks to create your bun filling.
So tender! Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50!