This is a tender cut of beef seared to a caramelized perfection on the outside while still juicy in the middle. It is flavor-packed and can be truly enjoyed with mashed potato or red wine!
- 1 1/2 pounds T-bone steak, about 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick
- 1 tsp coarse salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F for a half-hour before cooking.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Pat steak dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Add oil to a hot skillet and when it begins to smoke add steak. Reduce heat slightly and cook steak until browned, about 4 minutes on each side then add the butter and garlic then cook for another 2 minutes. Add the rosemary on the top of the steak then transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into the steak registers 120 degrees F for medium-rare, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes. Cut steak from the bone and carve meat across the grain.
Try this one! Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50!