Thanksgiving is here and you want to roast a Turkey because what is Thanksgiving without it? We promise it’s so much easier than you think. ANYONE can make a great turkey and all you need is listed below.
- 10 – 14 lb. turkey* (fresh or frozen and fully thawed)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp salt
- 3 heads garlic cut in half
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp sage
- Prepare your turkey. Remove turkey gizzards, heart, liver and neck from cavity. Remove slime and cut excess fat then rinse turkey with salt and water.
- Pat turkey dry with paper towels and season the cavity generously with salt and pepper. Stuff the cavity with onion, thyme, rosemary, sage and garlic. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine and tuck the wing tips under the body.
- Drizzle melted butter on both sides of the turkey, rub well. Sprinkle a generous amount of seasoning into the turkey. If you have time, Place in the refrigerator and marinate for 3 days.
- Roasting day! Position rack to the lower third of your oven and preheat the oven to 450°
- Place turkey breast side up on a roasting rack inside of a large pan. Pour chicken broth into the pan.
- Baste every 30 to 45 minutes with the juices on the bottom of the pan, and roast until the thermometer reads 160 degrees in the thickest part of the turkey. Once done, let the turkey cool down before serving.
Try this perfect recipe! At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating! Let me know your thoughts!