Looking for uncommon flavors? Don’t look further! These Purple Yam cupcakes are insanely delicious! The bright color will cheer you up and will definitely put you in a great mood! Best part is it is so moist and delicate you can’t stop eating the whole batch!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup ube (purple yam) jam
- 1 tbsp (purple yam) extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the unsalted butter then gradually add granulated sugar until well mixed and you can no longer see sugar crystals. Add the ube (purple yam) jam, ube (purple yam) extract, eggs and buttermilk beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until well combined. Then transfer the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined. Please do not overmix.
- Divide the batter into the lined cupcake pan, filling each just a little over 3/4 all the way full. Bake cupcakes in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- You can also add any shapes of sprinkles on the top of the cupcake. Once done let it cool in a wire rack.
Craving for dessert? Check out trending Avacraft cookware!