This Pork Chicharon is a great appetizer and is an awesome partner for beer and other liquors. Deep-fried to golden perfection! Crunchy and tasty when eaten with spicy vinegar!
- 2 kg of pork skin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 litres cooking oil
- 1 lemongrass, tied
- Preheat a large pot and add water.
- Prepare the pork skin, wash it with clean water and remove the excess hair with a sharp knife.
- Once the water starts to boil, add the pork skin and lemongrass. Cover and boil in medium heat for 1 hour.
- Remove the boiled pork skin from the pot. Let it cool down on the wire rack to remove the excess water then rub salt all over.
- In a thick-bottomed pot, heat about 3-inches deep of oil to 350 F. Gently add the pork skin in batches as needed and deep-fry for about 2 to 4 minutes or until puffed up and begin to float.
- Once done, let it cool on a wire rack to remove excess oil and serve it with spicy vinegar.
Finger foods? This one is perfect! Check out trending Avacraft cookware!