Pork Belly Porchetta originated in Italy and it is known because of its unique process and delicious taste. This dish is very popular and it can be used for any type of occasion. Tasty and classy.
- 1 slab 5 lbs. pork belly bones removed
- 3 stalks lemongrass leaves
- 3 pieces rosemary
- 3 pieces scallions
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Lay the pork belly on a flat surface in a way that the side with the skin is facing down. Rub the salt and pepper all over the top of the pork belly (meat part). Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the lemongrass, scallions, and onion slices on one of the belly. Roll the side where you had the lemongrass all the way to the opposite side until a spiral shape is formed. Secure the rolled pork belly by tying it with kitchen twine. Rub the oil all over the skin and put rosemary on the top.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Arrange the pork belly in a roasting pan and roast for 2 hours.
- Remove the belly from the oven and brush with fresh milk. Put it back into the oven and continue to roast for 30 minutes or until the skin is brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool down for 15 minutes. Slice the Roasted Pork Belly and serve.
Would you love to try this? Let me know your thoughts! Comment down below!