You’ll surely fall in love with this earthy flavor and brilliant color to this Pistachio Pesto Pasta! This healthy dish is perfect for snack and packed lunch! It is also easy to prepare. You will never go wrong with its appetizing taste.
- 1 large bunch kale, stemmed and left torn (about 1 pound)
- 10 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons roasted salted pistachios
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges, for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt to taste
- In a large pot, add water and bring to boil. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water, and then drain the pasta.
- While the pasta cooks, pulse the pistachios and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the kale and parsley and pulse until very finely chopped. With the machine running, add the oil in a steady stream. Add the Parmesan, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and pulse to incorporate.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto, adding a few spoonfuls of the reserved pasta water if it seems dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle some chopped pistachio on the top, then serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Pasta lovers! Let me know your thoughts! Comment down below!