Beef chuck eye is not an inexpensive cut of meat but it’s so tender that it’s worth the cost. This roast is sure to be the star of any meal, whether it’s a sit-down dinner or serve-yourself potluck.
- 3 – 4 lbs boneless beef chuck eye
- 2 tablespoons coarsely crushed or cracked mixed peppercorns (black, white, green and pink)
- 1 eggplant sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine rub ingredients; press rub mixture evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so the tip is centered in the thickest part of the roast, not resting in fat.
- Do not add water. Do not cover. Roast in a 350°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare and also add the sliced eggplant beside the beef and let it cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the eggplant after it is perfectly cooked and also remove the roast pepper beef when the meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium rare. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
Don’t skip this one! If you have any suggestions for us at Avacraft cookware, please write to us at email@example.com!