Crepes originated in a modern region in France called Brittany. This was often used before as bread around the 12th century. You can customize crepes in any way you’d like as it tastes best when added with some fillings and garnishes.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups of milk
Ingredients (Peanut Butter with Strawberry Jam Crepe):
- 2 crepes (above)
- ½ cup peanut butter with crushed nuts spread
- ½ cup of strawberry jam
- 10 strawberries, sliced
- Powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour, eggs, butter, and sugar, stirring until ingredients are slightly mixed. Add the milk ½ cup at a time and stir until the milk is completely incorporated. Repeat with the rest of the milk until the batter should be very liquidy and have no lumps.
- In a pan over medium heat, pour ⅓ cup of the batter in the center and swirl the batter around the edges of the pan until set. To know when the crepe is ready to flip, lift up one of the edges about ⅓ of the way. The bottom side should be golden brown. Flip the crepe.
- Cook until the edges are starting to slightly crisp. Remove from heat and cover with a paper towel to make sure the crepes stay moist.
- For the crepe filling Procedure:
- Spread half of the chocolate hazelnut spread on half of the crepe and strawberry jam on the other half of the crepe and add some strawberries.
- Fold the other half of the crepe on top of the strawberries, then fold the crepe in half.
- Repeat with the other crepe.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
You can take this crepe to the next level! Share your thoughts down below in the comments!