Panzanella Salad is basically dried bread and salted tomatoes. It pairs well with grilled meats, such as chicken, steak, shrimp or salmon. This salad is also great when served alongside a whole roasted chicken or beef. Fresh and Summery but still homey and hearty enough for a cozy dinner with the family.
- 3 cups 1 1/2-inch-cubed whole-wheat bread
- One 10-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (about 2 cups)
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large red tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Drizzle the bread and artichoke hearts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the bread and artichokes until golden brown at the edges, about 6 minutes total, turning every 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the bread and artichokes from the grill and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, olives and basil to the bowl and toss to combine. In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine and serve immediately.
Try this new recipe! If you have any suggestions for us at Avacraft cookware, please write to us at email@example.com.