Pancit Guisado is a Filipino noodle dish. It is also known as Pancit Bihon Guisado. This dish is composed of rice noodles, shredded chicken, shrimp, and vegetables. The noodles are locally called bihon. The word Guisado refers to the method used in cooking the dish which simply means sautéed.
- 1/4 kg chicken cooked and shredded
- ⅛ kg pork sliced and cooked
- 500g bihon noodles
- 500g canton noodles
- 1-2 cups quekiam chopped
- 2 pcs onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ kg of beans
- ½ kg cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large pear squash or veggie pear
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 4-5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 4-5 tbsp soy sauce
- 500ml water
- ⅛ cup of vegetable oil
- Sauté onion and garlic, then add the shredded chicken, pork, and quekiam. Add soy sauce and oyster sauce Pour some water, simmer until 2-3 mins.
- Add the bouillon cube and pepper. After boiling add the pear squash, beans, and carrot. Bring it to boil for about 2-3 mins.
- When the veggies are slightly cooked, remove the veggies from the sauce to avoid overcooking. Then add the cabbage and bring it to boil for another 1 minute.
- Remove the cabbage from the sauce then add a little bit more water and soy sauce and the egg noodles.
- Simmer until the noodles are slightly cooked. Then add the bihon noodles but soak the noodles first in water for 8-10 mins or until it is soft.
- Stir the noodles until they are completely soft. Then add half of the cooked veggies. Toast all the ingredients and season with ground pepper.
Always try something new! If you have any suggestions for us at Avacraft cookware, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!