Kids and adults alike will find these Oreo cupcakes irresistible. These Oreo cupcakes will melt in your mouth, and those cookies and cream frosting on top is nearly too good to be true. They’re perfect for any occasions and just treating yourself!
- ¾ cup granulated sugar 150g
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (30 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp canola oil may substitute vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup sour cream 80g
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 188g
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup whole milk room temperature preferred
- 3 large egg whites room temperature preferred
- 8 Oreos broken into pieces
- 1 ½ cup unsalted butter 342g, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners sugar 440g
- ¼ cup heavy cream 60ml, added as needed
- Finely crushed Oreos 120g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5mLl, optional
- Mini Oreos for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add papers to a cupcake baking sheet. Roughly chop enough Oreos to end up with about a cup.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder together in a large bowl then set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the egg whites, sour cream, milk and vanilla extract.
- Cream the butter in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the butter until well incorporated, scrape the bowl at least once. You’ll end up with a crumbly mixture.
- Add the wet mixture to the butter/flour mixture and mix on low until just combined.
- Add in the chopped Oreos and mix until distributed.
- Divide the mixture evenly into cupcake papers using an ice cream scooper.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean and the tops spring back when lightly touched.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Mix in the confectioners sugar 1 cup at a time, making sure to mix well after each addition. Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract and mix on medium-high speed until the mixture is well combined and creamy. Then, mix in the Oreo crumbs on low-medium speed until well combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pipe the frosting on the cooled cupcakes and top each one with a mini Oreo.
Who loves cupcakes? Let me know your thoughts! Comment down below!