Orange Chicken with Broccoli originated in China and it was inspired by the flavor of the Hunan Province in China. This dish is known for its orange flavor and spiciness with the health benefits of broccoli and orange.
- 2lbs Chicken Tenders
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 head of broccoli broken into 3–4 big stalks
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey or 1 tbsp of Orange marmalade
- 1 tsp Sambal Chili Paste
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces and toss in the corn starch.
- Then prepare the sauce. In a small bowl combine all ingredients and stir.
- Then in a large pan heat the oil until shimmering. Place in chicken in batches browning on all sides, and cooking through.
- Add sauce over chicken and broccoli then simmer until sauce thickens.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, scallions and garnish with a sliced mandarin orange wheel.
The best for dinner! Let me know your thoughts! Comment down below!