Onion rings originated in Texas and it is a very unique dish with great benefits. This dish was discovered in 1910 and it has been very popular since. Simple, yet perfect for any type of occasion as an appetizer.
- 1 large onion sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of corn starch
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 1 cup of cold sparkling water
- I cup of Panko bread crumbs or as much as needed
- Cut the onions first into rings with ¼ inch each piece then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, cayenne pepper, and season it with salt and pepper until well combined.
- Once done, dip the onions into the batter by batches and the same process with breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the pan with 2 inches of oil. Once the oil is ready, fry the onion rings until golden brown by batches to avoid it from sticking.
- Once done, use a stainless steel strainer to remove the cooked onion rings and set aside until it removes the excess oil.
Netflix and onion rings are truly the best combination. What movie would you watch if you had onion rings? Let me know your thoughts! Comment down below!