Trick or Treat! Looking for an easy fix for your kid’s Halloween party? Monster Eye Cookies is so easy, you can make it with your eyes – pun intended, closed! Delicious, easy to bake cookies we are sure your kids will love.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 8oz cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- powdered sugar
- Neon food coloring
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup milk or water (add just enough to make a nice smooth batter that isn’t too dry)
- Candy or gummy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350°F, grease and line a medium-sized baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix unsalted butter and sugar to blend ingredients
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Continue to mix for another minute
- Mix in the flour ingredients. Use a handheld or an electric mixer o low speed to combine
- Add milk until dough is sticky and holds together. We used just about an eighth of a cup.
- Separate dough into 3 bowls.
- Color each piece of dough a different color using food coloring, purple, green, orange. Blend the color well into the dough.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls on a baking sheet, about 2 inches apart
- Press down the dough slightly
- Bake at 350°F for 10- 12 minutes or until the center feels set and the cookies have crackled on the surface.
- Remove cookies from the oven and immediately press in a candy eye into the cookie.
- Allow to cool completely and store it in a container at room temperature.
- Once done, transfer the cookies into a Halloween concept plate and add some more designs to be creepier.
Eye-can-see-you! At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating! Try it now!