Filet Mignon is the premium of premium cuts of steak. A holiday staple, Fillet Mignon never fail wow guests, friends and family. This recipe calls for medium-rare but you can easily cook it for a bit less or more time, to get to your preference.
- 6oz fillet mignon steaks cut 1.5″ to 2.0″ thick
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 450F.
- Apply salt and pepper both sides of your steaks.
- Heat a sauté pan (or cast iron works perfectly) over high heat until it just reaches the smoke point, then turns the heat down a bit.
- Allow the steaks to sear on one side without moving or touching them for 2-3 minutes
- Turn the steak over and sear on the second side for the same amount of time – again, not flipping or touching
- Add the butter, garlic cloves, and rosemary and thyme and baste for 30 – 40 seconds.
- After the steaks have cooked on the second side place the entire pan in the oven for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the steaks and let them rest for 5 minutes before cutting into strips.
A great cut of meat tonight. Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50!