Tired of eating the same sad diet food always? This cauliflower rice recipe with Mediterranean ingredients may bring something new to the palette. Fresh parsley, cherry tomatoes, garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes make this cauliflower rice an irresistible side dish.
- 1 medium white onion, diced.
- 240g cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
- 7 piquanté peppers, diced.
- 10 olives, pitted and sliced.
- 3 tbsp fresh flat parsley.
- 1 tbsp dried thyme.
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar or apple cider
- 1 & 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced.
- 1 knob butter
- 1 & 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper to taste.
- 1/4 cup (56ml) oil (works with extra virgin olive, avocado, coconut)
- 1 medium cauliflower or 265g pre-riced cauliflower.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and place in a blender/food processor. Once ground up into a texture similar to rice, place between a towel or kitchen roll and press to remove some moisture.
- Put a small knob of butter in a frying pan or wok. Once the butter has melted, add the onion and cook until translucent. Then add the cauliflower. Leave the Cauliflower on low heat (often mixing to prevent sticking) for about 10 minutes. This time will depend on whether you like your cauliflower very soft or slightly harder.
- Add tomatoes, onion, parsley, thyme, piquant peppers and olives. Mix well and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until your tomatoes have started to soften.
- Add vinegar, Dijon, salt, pepper, garlic, and oil. Mix well to ensure all ingredients are combined. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Do you have any question? Let me know your thoughts! Comment down below!