Lemon glazed baked doughnuts are fluffy lemon doughnuts topped with a luscious glaze. They are capable of making even the dullest morning bright. So if you are looking for a fresh snack perfect for sunny days, this is it!
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray two 6-cavity doughnut pans with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and cornstarch. Whisk in sugar, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Whisk in the buttermilk, eggs, lemon juice, butter, vanilla, and lemon zest until the batter is smooth and combined, but do not over-mix.
- Evenly divide the batter between the prepared doughnut pans. Then bake for about 7-10 minutes until the edges of the doughnuts begin to turn a light golden brown and the tops of the doughnuts spring back when lightly touched. Allow doughnuts to cool for about 5 minutes in pans before placing them on a cooling rack.
For the Glaze:
- In a bowl whisk together the confectioner’s sugar and slowly drizzle in the lemon juice while whisking until smooth and well combined.
- Dip one side of each doughnut into the butter, and then press into the glaze mixture.
- Sprinkle some lemon zest over the top and allow to cool before serving.
How about this one? At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating delicious food! Try it now!