This is a simple pork belly udon noodle soup that you can make at home, made of a sensational broth, crave-worthy vegetables and a soft-cooked egg. Another perfect for winter recipe!
For Udon Soup:
- 1 packet udon noodles frozen or fresh
- 1 cup pork stock
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tbsp spring onion finely chopped
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
For Crispy Pork Belly:
- 500 g pork belly
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pc bay leaves
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 litres water
To Cook the Crispy Pork Belly:
- In an Avacraft Stock Pot add the water and bring it to boil. Once it boils, add the fish sauce, garlic cloves, onion, bay leaves, and the pork belly. Cover with lid.
- Soften the pork for about 50 minutes, and before frying, make sure the pork is cold. It must fry twice, on the first fry, just light brown.
- Then refrigerate for about 1-2 hours, before frying again to achieve a very crisp pork belly.
- Once done, transfer the crispy pork belly on the wire rack to remove excess oil and let it cool for about an hour.
To Cook Udon Soup:
- Cook udon noodles still according to packet directions or recipe if you’re making them by hand.
- Place chili flakes, soy sauce, mirin, salt, and sugar into a deep bowl, then pour boiling pork stock over the top.
- Take cooked udon noodles and slide them into the soup base.
- Top with sliced crispy pork belly, spring onion, and fried garlic.
Time to be creative! Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50!