Kimchi is very well known as a Korean dish and for its spicy taste. Kimchi has a unique process and it gets tastier over time. Every Korean meal has kimchi on the side that complements any type of Korean food.
- 1 napa cabbage
- 3/4 cup salt
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fish sauce
- 3/4 cup Korean hot pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp grated garlic
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 cup Korean Raddish (shredded)
- 3/4 cup green onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- Stir in cabbage and sea salt until the salt has dissolved in a large bowl with your hands. Let sit for 1.5-2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a regular size pan add the 3 cups of water then add the sweet rice flour gradually and whisk at the same time until well combined. Continue to mix while adding the sugar mix well then transfer the pan into low heat. Stir and cook until it’s translucent. Set aside and let it cool.
- After an hour transfer, the cold porridge into a large bowl then add the fish sauce, Korean hot pepper flakes (depending on your spicy tolerance), grated garlic, minced onion, and minced ginger. Mix until well combined. Also, add the radish, green onions, and shredded carrots and mix until well combined.
- Add all the cabbage and mix it well with your hands with gloves. Transfer the kimchi into a jar and let it ferment for 8 hours to taste better but it will be tastier after a week or two.
To all spicy food lovers, this is for you! Even us, we love to pair Kimchi with grilled pork (just a tip) Try it!
Share your thoughts with us in the comments down below!