The Tomahawk is one of the most popular and visually appealing steak cuts in the industry. So, if you have a guest, this recipe will surely impress you as well. Perfect for weeknights and romantic dinner date.
- 2 tomahawk steak
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and any packaging. Brush each side with oil to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, and onion powder. Rub both sides of each steak with the rub mixture. Let steaks sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat, about 500 degrees. Sear steaks for 3 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking with the lid closed until the steaks reach the desired level of doneness, 130 degrees F for medium-rare.
- When the steaks are removed from the grill, immediately top with 1 tablespoon butter each, tent with aluminium foil, and allow the steaks to rest 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into them.
Try this one now! Check out trending Avacraft cookware!