Grilled oysters were introduced by Native Americans and this dish was so popular during Abraham Lincoln’s time. This dish is very simple to prepare and has great health benefits in every bite!
- 3 dozen raw oysters in their shells
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- Using an oyster knife, shuck the oysters, leaving the oyster nestled in the side of the shell that is more cup-shaped. Make sure to sever the muscle attaching the oyster to the shell and place it on a wire rack.
- Combine the butter, olive oil, garlic, and medium saucepan over medium heat and cook until the butter is melted and the garlic just begins to sizzle. Remove from the heat and set aside until cooled slightly.
- Preheat a grill to high. Working in batches, place the oysters on the grill and spoon about 2 teaspoons of the butter-garlic mixture over each oyster. Season each oyster with salt and pepper. Close the grill and cook until the butter sizzles and the oysters puff up 5 to 6 minutes. Using tongs, remove the oysters from the grill and it’s ready! It must be served or consumed while it’s hot.
A must try! Will you try this dish? Comment down your answers below!