Cinnamon rolls originated in Sweden and Denmark. They called these sweet rolls and it’s very delicious and the best dessert. It’s very popular around the world due to its own unique process and looks!
To make Bread Dough:
- 1 cup Fresh Milk, warm
- 1/4 cup granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 3-1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
For the Filling:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon, ground
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter softened
- 1-1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- 1/4 cup Fresh Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- A pinch Salt
- To make the dough, in a large bowl combine the fresh milk, granulated sugar, and yeast then mix until well combined. Also, add salt, softened butter, and egg and stir until the sugar and salt dissolved and well blended.
- Once done mixing, add the all-purpose flour and keep stirring until it turns into a thick dough.
- Sprinkle flour on a stable, flat surface and knead the dough for about 4-5 minutes. Once done cover the dough with cling wrap and rest for an hour for proofing.
- While waiting for the dough to rise, time to make the frosting.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, butter softened, icing sugar, fresh milk, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix using a hand mixer for about 3-5 minutes and once done set aside the frosting mixture.
- Once the dough has risen, sprinkle flour on a stable, flat surface. Flatten and roll out the dough on the surface and form into a rough rectangle about 14” L x 21” W, 1/2” thick.
- Spread some softened butter on a flatten dough and sprinkle brown sugar and ground cinnamon. After that roll it from one end to the other to form a log, keeping it as tight as you can.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the roll into 16 pieces. Place and arrange each rolled cinnamon dough in a greased baking pan. Cover it with loose cling wrap and let it rest for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees celsius. Once done, brush the freshly baked cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting and it’s ready!
The perfect breakfast or evening snack. Will you try this? Comment down below!