These mashed potato bites are breaded and fried, making the texture of this dish into crispy and crunchy on the outside but creamy on the inside so it makes them the perfect finger food.
- 3 large red potatoes, 450 g raw and unpeeled
- 100 g (3,5 oz) mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups homemade breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- Peel potatoes and soak in cold water to remove starch excess. Cut potatoes in big chunks then boil potato chunks in salted water until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the breading in three separate medium-size bowls, place flour, beaten eggs and bread crumbs. Combine the bread crumbs with salt, black pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Time to prepare potato balls, drain boiled potatoes and place them in a heatproof bowl. While still hot, place them in a potato ricer and push them.
- Grate parmesan cheese in the warm mashed potatoes, season with pepper and mix until well combined. Add salt to taste.
- Use a tablespoon to take equal portions of potato mixture and form into balls. Coat each ball in flour first, then dip into beaten eggs, then roll into bread crumbs mix, then deep into eggs again and one last time into the bread crumbs mix.
- Place all the breaded balls in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and place them in the refrigerator. Fill a large pot with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat until it reaches 350° F 175° C. Deep fry potato balls until golden brown, for about 4 minutes. Be careful not to over-fry them.
- Drain the balls on a paper towel. Season with salt and serve immediately with your favourite sauce.
You have to try this! If you have any suggestions for us at Avacraft cookware, please write to us at email@example.com.