Delicious healthy mixed greens topped with hot grilled chicken, corn, and olives make a great light meal! Making a habit of eating low carb dishes paired with exercise will remove toxins and unnecessary fat on your physical health. This meal is perfect for everyone and to help maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 ears shucked corn
- 2 (½ inch-thick) red onion slices
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups olives
- 1 head fresh lettuce, sliced into (1/2-inch-thick) strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- ½ ripe avocado, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup halved broccoli
- ⅓ cup small basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Combine first 4 ingredients and 1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper in a bowl. Gradually whisk in ½ cup oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Toss broccoli in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil; arrange on a wire rack placed on a baking sheet. Sprinkle broccoli with ½ teaspoon salt. Roast for about 20 minutes or until broccoli is slightly browned, then let it cool.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Coat corn and red onion slices with cooking spray. Place on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Cook for 12 minutes or until charred, turning occasionally. Remove from the grill. Cut kernels from corn; discard cobs.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill chicken 12 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally; let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice chicken across the grain.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, then add 2 tablespoons of dressing; toss to coat. Top with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, chicken, corn, roasted broccoli halves, olives and avocado. Sprinkle salad evenly with basil leaves, and serve with remaining dressing.
Trying to lose weight? At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating! Try this one!