Fresh Lumpia originated in the Philippines and India. It is delicious and healthy because of its meaty and veggie filling that could benefit your body. You can also have this at any time of the day, and perfect for people who want to lose weight.
- 1/4 kilo chicken breast (cubed) You can use pork
- 1 medium-size sweet potato (cut into strips)
- 1 medium-size potato (cut into strips)
- 1 small carrot (cut into strips)
- 1/8 kg green beans (cut into strips)
- 3 tbsp sliced onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Lumpia Wrapper
FOR THE FRESH LUMPIA SAUCE:
- 2 1/4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned. Add carrots, potato, and sweet potato, and green beans. Stirring occasionally, until color changes. Add fish sauce and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and continue to cook until chicken and veggies are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan and drain well.
- Lay a wrapper on a flat surface and place a lettuce leaf on top. Spoon about 1/4 cup filling across the middle of the wrapper and fold sides to cover the filling.
- Pour sauce on top of prepared lumpia and garnish with additional minced garlic and ground peanuts, if desired.
FOR LUMPIA SAUCE:
- In a saucepot over medium heat, combine 2 cups of the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring regularly, until sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, combine corn starch and the remaining 1/4 cup water. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Whisking vigorously, add corn starch mixture into soy sauce mixture. Continue to cook, whisking regularly, until thickened.
Get up and be healthy! Always choose quality products, always choose Avacraft!