Mysterious cookie with your desired fortune in it. Having this tricky cookie on your table would be so much fun! Not just enjoyable because of the surprise fortune in it but it has a delicious taste that you will make the occasion extra special.
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Whisk the egg white, melted butter, sugar and desired flavoring together in a bowl until smooth. Then add the flour and continue to mix until there are no lumps.
- Place teaspoonfuls of the batter at least 4 inches apart on one of the prepared cookie sheets. Tilt the sheet to move the batter into round shapes about 3 inches in diameter.
- Place a small amount of batter in the center of the cookie, and with the backside of a spoon, smooth out the batter. Make sure your batter is not too thick.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, or just until the edges become slightly browned.
- take out of the oven and immediately.
- Then take a spatula and fold one on the edges over to the other edge, to form a half circle.
- Place the folded edge across the rim of a measuring cup and pull the pointed edges down, one on the inside of the cup and one on the outside. Place folded cookies into the cups of a muffin tin or egg carton to hold their shape until firm.
You can add your desired fortune with a piece of small paper. Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50.