This chicken fajita salad is perfect for lunch or dinner. It is easy to whip up and loaded with lots of chicken, vegetables, and delicious toppings making it special and healthy too. You can make this salad bowl in three simple steps. Just cook, combine, and serve!
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 5 cups chopped lettuce
- half red onion sliced into rings or half slices
- 1 large tomato, halved and sliced
- ⅓ cup olives
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice for about 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Place chicken on the grill for 7-8 minutes. Flip over and cook an additional 7-8 minutes or until no pink remains and chicken reaches 165°F. Rest 3-5 minutes before slicing. Set aside while preparing the salad.
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and salt.
- A Fajita Salad is generally served as a bed of fresh lettuce topped with red onion, tomato, fresh olives, grated Parmesan cheese, freshly ground black pepper, and topped with thinly sliced grilled chicken. Then pour the dressing over the top of the salad.
You won’t regret trying this one. Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50!