Homemade pumpkin bread is a favorite fall recipe packed with pumpkin spice and pumpkin puree. Pumpkin Loaf Bread has a smooth texture with a delicious taste that you can truly enjoy. It also tastes even better the day after it is baked so it is great for holiday gift-giving!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and Grease and flour two 9×5-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the 1tbsp of the sugar in warm water and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam, about 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, mix remaining sugar, salt, and oil into the yeast. Also add pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk the eggs until well combined. Mix in flour one cup at a time until just combined. Overmixing the bread will cause it to be tough.
- Knead the dough for 7 minutes. Place in a well-oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow rising until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Knead for 1 minute and divide in half. Shape into loaves and place into two greased 9×5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until the dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
- Bake at 350°F (175 degrees C) for 30-40 minutes until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the pumpkin loaves cool in the pans for 10 minutes, and then remove to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating! What are you waiting for? Grab your cooking set now!