A burger is one of our all-time favorite foods. It originated here in the US. Meaty and juicy cheeseburgers have been popular since the 1920s. The top-secret to achieve the juiciest patties must be 80/20 meat and fat. Cheeseburgers have changed over time, they’ve got tastier, juicier, meatier, and even monstrous!
- 1/5 lb. ground beef (chuck)
- 1 lb. thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 lb. white cheddar (sliced)
- 1/2 lb. Blue cheese (sliced)
- 1/2 stick butter (melted & clarified)
- 2 buns (challah or brioche)
- 2 jalapenos (seeds removed and membrane cut in half)
Your favorite burger seasoning blend
For Spicy Garlic Mayo:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic seasoning
For Caramelized Onions:
- 3 large onions (large slices)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
The first thing: caramelize the onion. Put the Full Body Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Frying Pan With Lid, 8 Inch into medium heat then drizzle some olive oil. After that add the onion large slices and sugar, stir it well often to prevent it from burning. Once you see the rich brown color, lower the heat and seasoned it with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside to let it cool
FOR SPICY GARLIC MAYO:
Mix in a small Avacraft bowl the cajun, garlic and mayo then place it in a fridge.
FOR PATTIES AND BACON
Patties must be refrigerated before cooking so that it holds together better.
1. Once the large skillet is preheated, fry first the bacon to leave grease in the skillet, to your preferred doneness and set aside. Turn the heat to high and let it preheat for 3 minutes and place the 1 inch thick patties in the skillet.
2. Season the top with salt and pepper sear for 1 minute. Also, add some jalapenos and sear for 1 minute per side, set aside. Then flip the patties season again on the second side and add some cheddar cheese on top of the two patties. For the other 2 patties add the blue cheese and cover it with a steam cap to help melt the cheese for about 30sec.
3. Remove the cover then while the cheese is melting toss some caramelized onions and jalapenos on the top. Preheat another skillet and brush the open sides of the bun with butter and place it in the skillet toast until golden brown. Once the buns are toasted, it’s time to build your double cheeseburgers.
4. Transfer one of each patties on the buns, cut the bacon into half and place it on the top of the patties. Also, add some exact amount of caramelized onion and jalapenos on the top of the bacon. Slather some spicy garlic mayo on the top bun and cover the burger tower with the top bun. You can also burger sticks for stability.
Thanks to Sam Cardoso for the picture.
“The best stories are like the best burgers… Big, juicy, and messy! “ Cheesy with the spicy sensation of every bite! Share with us your best cheeseburger story! Comment down below!