Forget the store-bought pies! You’ll miss a lot if you don’t experience making your own yummy mince pie. This recipe is a great addition to the collection of every pie lover. A homemade, drooling dish that is straight from the oven! It is freshly baked with a perfect meaty and cheesy filling!
- 500g minced beef
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, cubes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 sheet flaky or savory shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg (beaten) for glazing
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Grease an ovenproof dish for pie and set aside
- Heat a good splash of olive oil in a stainless steel frying pan with a lid, 12 Inch, and fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the beef and mushrooms and fry until brown then season it with black pepper, ground cumin, and salt. After that add the carrots and cook for about 3 minutes then add the beef stock and allow to simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes.
- Once the meaty filling is done add the cheddar cheese and mix until well-combined remove from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour pie filling into an ovenproof dish and allow to cool.
- Lay pastry over pie filling, crimp the edges and make little cuts with a sharp knife to let steam escape while cooking. Brush pastry with beaten egg or milk and bake for around 30–40 minutes until golden.
Start your day with great food! Sign-up at Avacraft cookware and win gift cards up to $50.