Looking for a budget-friendly snack? Caramelized Plantains is the way to go. A delicious, quick dessert perfect for impromptu afternoon get-togethers. Serve it with whipped cream and caramel on top or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and we are sure your kids (and their friends) will love you for it!
• 5 raw plantains, peeled and cut in half
• oil for deep frying
• 1 tablespoon Vanilla flavoring
• ½ cup brown sugar or maple syrup
• ½ cup of water
• ½ cup toasted sesame seeds
1. Heat oil over medium to high heat until very hot. Once it is ready, deep fry the slices of plantains in small batches until crispy. Add a few slices at a time. Adjust heat as needed from medium to low.
2. Prepare the coating: Make a paste texture of ½ cup water, ½ cup brown sugar and 1 tsp vanilla.
3. Once done frying crispy banana, soak it in sugar paste for about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well in your strainer.
4. Return in hot cooking oil and fry again until golden brown or when the bubbling ceases. Refry it by batch. Do the same process until all bananas are refried.
5. Once done, you can also sprinkle some chia seeds, sesame seeds, or whatever you desire to put while it is still hot.
Amazing delicacy! At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating! Try this one now!