The favorite go-to snack Pork Carnitas…made extra easy in the crockpot! They’re nice and crispy, totally tender and juicy, full of great flavor, and irresistibly delicious – you will ask for more!
- 4 pounds (or 2 kg) skinless, boneless pork butt or shoulder
- 3-4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 large white onion, cut into wedges
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 large oranges, juiced (or 3/4 cup natural orange juice)
- 3/4 cup coke
- 2 bay leaves
- Rinse and pat dry pork with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Season pork shoulder with spice mixture, rubbing in thoroughly on all sides.
- Place garlic, onions, orange juice, lime juice, coke, bay leaves, and seasoned pork shoulder into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove pork shoulder from the slow cooker and shred the meat before returning to the pot with the juices; season with salt and pepper, to taste, if needed. Cover and keep warm for an additional 30 minutes.
Comida Delicioso! At Avacraft cookware, we love cooking and eating! Comment down below!